The New Twitter Background Contest: Win FREE Hosting!
Written by Erika L Rich on October 25, 2010
Yes! I’m giving away FREE hosting for 1 full year. Keep reading …
If you have customized, or want to customize your Twitter background, then you need to know what the best dimensions are to use.
The new Twitter layout is pretty good as far as functionality, layout, and organization goes, but it leaves a lot less real estate for those that love to spruce up their backgrounds. With a lot more people accessing Twitter via mobile devices and desktop apps, the background has faded a bit in relevancy, but it’s still an important part of your brand.
A well done Twitter background allows you to match your brand across multiple multi-media efforts. Whether it’s print, online, or everything in between. Unfortunately, there’s just a lot less area to be creative. Don’t let it stop you though. Listed below are the new dimensions. Get out there and be creative! Let’s see what you can come up with!
Post your Twitter background creation here as a comment, with a link to your Twitter account, and whomever I think has the cleverest, most useful implementation of Twitter’s new dimensions will win a year’s FREE hosting for 2 WordPress Blogs.*
Twitter’s New Interface Dimensions
* 100% of users will always see at least 41 pixels on each side.
* 72% of users viewing in 1280 x 800 or higher resolution will see 108 pixels on each side.
* 28% of users viewing in 1440 x 900 or higher resolution will see 200 pixels on each side.
* 4% of users viewing in 1920 x 1080 will see 312 pixels on each side.
Keep these dimensions and numbers in mind when developing your new wallpaper.
To enter the contest follow the steps below:
1. Leave a comment on this post with your name, Twitter username and please be sure to fill out the email field as that is how I will contact you if you win. I do not enjoy SPAM, so please be assured I won’t share your email with anyone else. Any posts that spam with website links will be disqualified.
2. You will need to follow me @WebErika.
3. After you follow me, send a RT: “RT @WebErika The New Twitter Background Contest: Win FREE Hosting! http://ow.ly/2ZgG0”.
4. That’s it! Be sure to have your AWESOME background in place before you leave a comment.
I’ll pick the Twitter background which I think is clever and utilizes the much narrower dimensions allotted to us by Twitter. As a bonus, the top winner and top 2 runner ups will be spotlighted on my sidebar with a link to their website or Twitter profile. Clean, rated PG websites only please.
This is my contest. My final decision prevails.
Contest entries MUST BE POSTED no later than 11:59PM EST on November 30, 2010 to be qualified and entered.
Websites will be hosted on my company’s fully dedicated servers. The 2 free hosting accounts will each be for one domain, per account. Actual domain name not provided. (you can register a domain name here) Each account will be a Linux hosted account with cPanel access, Fantastico, 250MB disk-space, 5GB bandwidth, 10 email accounts. (although, I highly encourage the winner to consider Google.com/hosted as an email provider and I will even walk the winner through how to set up a Google.com/hosted account. Google.com/hosted accounts provide up to 100 email users as well as their fantastic SPAM and virus protection.)
Contest Terms and Conditions:
Quite obviously, no purchase is necessary, but this is a SKILLS contest. So I would like to see some awesome entries. I don’t care if they are made by the entrant or outsourced and then presented. It must however be the entrant’s Twitter account.
Now for some more boring but necessary stuff:
3. PRIZES: The Winner will be notified of prize via email and a Tweet.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: The Winner may waive his or her right to receive the prize. Prizes are non-assignable, non-transferable, and must be claimed by the winner. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to claim a winner’s prize at any time. No prize substitutions allowed. Once the winner has been given notification of their prize, they will have thirty, (30) days (business days) to claim said prize. Failure to collect the prize within thirty, (30) business days of prize availability constitutes forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the prize will go to the next runner-up. All decisions of WebErika.com are final.
5. PARTICIPATION: Participation in this contest constitutes an agreement by each contestant to comply with these Official Rules. WebErika.com and Erika L. Rich reserves the right to cancel or modify any contest if it determines, in its sole discretion, that fraud or technical failures have destroyed the integrity of any contest.
6. ENTRANT CONDUCT. By entering this Contest, each Entrant (and/or their parent or legal guardian) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of WebErika.com and Erika L Rich, which is final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering this contest, contestant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any contestant be permitted to obtain any award for, and contestant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. This is supposed to be a fun contest for heaven’s sake! 🙂